Hope’s Cafe opens between 10-2pm on Wednesday and Friday.
Here’s what we offer:
- Healthy delicious meals on a “donate what you can afford basis”.
- 6 levels of English classes for Iranian, Korean and Afghani students
- Assistance for asylum seekers with the preliminary stages of their applications for asylum
- Guitar lessons
- Barista training
- Art and craft activities
- A visiting Welfare Rights Service on Fridays
- Fundraisers and cultural events
- Occasional Persian Cooking lessons
- Located at Clayton Wesley Church with their
- Community Garden
- Op Shop
Hope’s Café is a joint project between Uniting Communities and the Clayton Wesley Uniting Church. It is run by Uniting Communities and is a place for people to come together to help each other to make a better community.
One of our big priorities at the moment is assisting refugees and asylum seekers, but of course, everyone is welcome.
Hopes Cafe is also becoming a meeting place for community groups with the anti-Poverty Network the first of many likely to take up residency there.
If you’d like to volunteer or have any questions, contact Uniting Communities on (08) 8331 3529.
The Spire – Clayton Wesley Uniting Church
Cnr. The Parade and Portrush Road, Beulah Park
Hope’s Cafe: find us in Hope Hall
Entry through Goodies Op Shop
Find out what’s happening at Hope’s Café in the coming weeks.