Hope’s Cafe opens between 10-2pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Here’s what we offer:
- Healthy delicious meals on a “pay-what-you-can-afford: basis.
- 6 levels of English classes for everyone who would like assistance with the English language
- Assistance for asylum seekers with the preliminary stages of their applications for asylum
- Guitar lessons
- Barista training
- Art and craft activities
- Fundraisers and cultural events
- Occasional Cooking lessons
- Community Garden
- Goodies Op Shop onsite
Hope’s Café is a joint project between Uniting Communities and the Clayton Wesley Uniting Church. It is run by The Spire Community and is a place for people to come together to help each other to make a better community.
One of our big priorities at the moment is assisting refugees and asylum seekers, but of course, everyone is welcome.
Hopes Cafe is also becoming a meeting place for community groups with the anti-Poverty Network the first of many likely to take up residency there.
If you’d like to volunteer or have any questions, contact The Spire Community on (08) 8331 3529 or (08) 8331 9589
The Spire – Clayton Wesley Uniting Church
Cnr. The Parade and Portrush Road, Beulah Park
Hope’s Cafe: find us in Hope Hall
Entry through Goodies Op Shop
Find out what’s happening at Hope’s Café in the coming weeks.